Rural Health Clinic
Phone (903) 739-2299
Paris Regional Medical Center’s Family Clinic located in Paris, Texas has been operating since the Fall of 1995. The clinic offers a full range of primary health care, including annual physicals, etc.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is a Nurse Practitioner?
A Nurse Practitioner is a registered nurse with a master’s degree in nursing and advanced clinical training. Nurse Practitioners are primary health care providers for many children and adults during illness and health. Their goal is to help people stay as healthy as possible.
Can Nurse Practitioners prescribe medications?
Yes. In Texas, Nurse Practitioners have prescriptive authority through written agreements with a collaborating physician.
What services does a Nurse Practitioner provide?
Nurse Practitioners provide:
- Physical Examinations - Psychological Counseling
- Well/Sick Infant Care - Health Risk Evaluation
- Well/Sick Child Care - Case Management
- Well/Sick Adult Care - Health Education
- Well/Sick Older Persons Care
What can a Nurse Practitioner do for me?
Nurse Practitioners can:
- Obtain Health Histories - Develop Treatment Plans
- Perform Physical Examinations - Order Therapy
- Order and Interpret Laboratory and Diagnostic Studies - Develop Community Networks
- Diagnose Health Problems
Are these services covered under my insurance plan?
While rural health clinic costs are covered by most providers, some services may not be. We recommend you contact your insurance provider for coverage information. Medicare, Medicaid, and worker’s compensation will be directly billed through the clinic. All other insurance can be filed privately by the patient.