Develop Healthy Lifestyles
Paris Regional Medical Center cardiac rehabilitation (cardiac rehab) is designed to help you develop healthy lifestyles and to restore you to a productive and satisfying life as soon as possible.
During the program you receive medically supervised and monitored exercise sessions and lifestyle education. The education includes information on how to increase physical fitness, reduce cardiac symptoms, improve health, and reduce the risk of future heart problems, including heart attack.
- Strengthening and conditioning of your heart
- Controlling weight and lowering total cholesterol levels through good nutrition and physical activity
- Understanding your medications, the signs and symptoms of heart disease and when to seek medical attention
- Increasing self confidence
- Set the foundation to develop of a healthier lifestyle
- Reduce your symptoms and chances of experiencing another cardiac event
- Quicker return to work and activities of daily living
- Developing coping and stress reduction skills as well as relation techniques
- Receive emotional support for you and your family
Your surgeon or cardiologist may refer you to a program, or we can contact them for you. Many people of all ages who have heart conditions can benefit from a cardiac rehab program. You may benefit if you have or have had: heart attack, heart condition, such as coronary artery disease (CAD), angina, or heart failure, heart procedure or surgery, in, including coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery, percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI), including coronary angioplasty (balloon angioplasty) and stenting, valve replacement, or a pacemaker or implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD).
The outpatient program typically lasts 8 to 12 weeks depending on your progress and needs.
- Treadmill walking
- Recumbent stepper
- Stationary bicycling
- Arm ergometer
- Hand weights
The outpatient program is three days a week for cardiac conditioning. The monitored physical exercise sessions are tailored to your personal interest and abilities.
The Educators help you understand your heart condition, as well as teach you ways to prevent future problems by using stress reduction techniques and learning to eat well.
With the help of the cardiac rehab program you can be on a right track to better health.
For any questions you may contact the department at (903) 783-0815.