Exceptional Cardiac Care
One in five of us suffer from some form of heart disease. Fortunately, for everyone in Northern Texas and Southern Oklahoma, cardiac care is just a heartbeat away at at Paris Regional. The list of live-saving diagnostic and therapeutic cardiac procedures is truly comprehensive, it’s all right here, close to home, where you need it most.
- Exercise/Pharmacological Test
- Stress Testing with Nuclear Imaging
- Transesophageal Echo (TEE)
- Diagnostic CATH
- Coronary Stents
- Heart Bypass
- Heart Valve Surgery
- Pacemaker Implantation
- Endovascular Aneurysm Repair
- Peripheral Arterial Disease
- Bi-V Defibrillator
- Heart Failure Treatment
- IVC Filter Placement
- Impella 2.5 Cardiac Assist
- Cartoid Artery Stenting
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
Each year, heart disease claims more lives than the next seven leading causes of death combined. More women die from heart disease than from breast cancer.
The goal of the Heart Hospital at Paris Regional is to stop heart disease in its tracks. We want to reduce the rate of heart disease in our community by the use of our physicians, staff, and community education.
The Heart Hospital is the region’s most comprehensive cardiac care center and gives residents of northeastern Texas and southeastern Oklahoma access to the most advanced levels of heart care available.
“Patients don’t need to go to Dallas because we have the most modern cardiac facility right here in Paris,” said Arjumand Hashmi, M.D., cardiology medical director for PRMC.
Some of the The Heart Hospital’s highlights include:
- 12,000 square feet of space.
- Two Cardiac Catheterization laboratories outfitted with the finest technology, image quality and versatility available today.
- Four cardiac cath pre-operative and four post-operative beds.
- A new 64-Slice CT, advanced non-invasive imaging technology that can produce unprecedented 3-D images of the heart in seconds.
- A 12-bed Cardiac Intensive Care Unit.
- Digital image management system, which enables physicians and others to view cardiac and other medical images on computers, both inside and outside the hospital.
- A dedicated 16-bed cardiac inpatient unit.
- State-of-the-art Cardiac Monitoring Systems.
- A dedicated entrance for scheduled tests and procedures.
- A waiting area equipped with internet access, computers, a coffee bar and private consultation area.
- Cardiac rehabilitation program.
“For those patient needing surgical intervention, the innovative operating room is fully outfitted with the latest equipment for the most complex cardiac procedures and operations.,” said cardiothoracic surgeon Rafael Salas, M.D. “That means most types of cardiac surgeries—including pacemaker placement, heart valve replacement, by-pass surgery and maze procedures for arrhythmia —can be performed right here in Paris.”
But as important as technology is to excellent patient care, what sets the Heart Hospital apart is its emphasis on caring for the individual needs of each patient.
The design of heart hospital was specific to the needs of patients with cardiovascular disease. With advanced technology and equipment in both the ICU and the operating room, we can ensure that we are providing the highest level of cardiovascular care in our region.
Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit Visiting Guidelines
We ask that no more than 2 visitors remain with the patient between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m.
In order to facilitate a restful environment and promote patient sleep, we request that only 1 visitor remain with the patient between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m.
Furthering Your Education